Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Altfriesisches Haus seit 1640
Am Kliff 13
25980  Sylt/Keitum

Phone:

Opening Hours

April-Oct. Mon-Fri 10 am - 5 pm, Sat+Sun and holidays 11 am - 5 pm
Now-Mar. Thu-Sun 11 am - 3 pm

This old Frisian house was erected as a farmhouse in 1739. In the 19th century the Sylt chronicler Hansen lived in it. In 1907 it was converted into a museum that shows the old style of home décor on Sylt. A corridor once separated the brick building into stable and living quarters.
The residential quarter with kitchen (Köökeen), living room (Kööv), parlour (Piisel) - that was only used for festivities - and cellar (Kelerkaamer) is fitted with furniture and household items of the 18th and 19th century. There are also built-in alcove beds and cupboards. Tiled and panelled walls are distinctive features of the regional interior furnishings. Items that were brought back home from long voyages show the seafaring tradition of Sylt.