|Back to the search|
June-Sept. daily 2-4 pm, please make an appointment by phone (0175/414618) for other times
The about 200-year-old museum building, which has been preserved in its outer appearance and in its location, stands on the edge of the former village Deezbüll. Once built as a farmhouse of a 20-hectare farm, it has served as a North Frisian local history museum since 1929. The building belongs to the type of the so-called “uthlandfriesische Langhaus” (longhouse on the Frisian coast) because of its form and method of construction. Its framework mainly consists of oak and is timbered so solidly that in case of a storm tide it could withstand the water that would push in the walls. The orientation of the ridge of the steep thatched roof is from East to West. The house is divided into a living section in the West and a utility section in the East. The museum is under monumental protection today. It was completely renovated in 1996. The exhibition presents pre-industrial family life on a farm in North Frisia with furniture, household items, farming tools and all objects that were important for the daily living and working once.
Adults 2,- €
Students and pupils 1,- €
Groups with 8 and more people half price per person
School classes 0,25 € per pupil
Visit of the museum only within a guided tour (ca. 1 hour), included in the admission charge.
Information: museum leaflet “Museen in Schleswig” (museums in Schleswig), Leaflet available at the Tourism center of the town
Responsible body of the museum is the “Friesenverein Niebüll” (Frasche Feriin for Naibel-Desbei än trinambai) (Frisian association), Alwin-Lensche-Str. 54, 25899 Niebüll, phone +49 (0)4661-45 90)
Arriving by car
From the federal road B 5 to the “Bäderstraße” over the railway bridge to Niebüll, turn left at the crossing (with traffic lights) Peter-Schmidts-Weg/Osterweg (signposted), In town from the “Hauptstraße” (main road) into the “Museumsweg” (signposted)